Arborist V’s Tree Surgeon: Unraveling the Distinctions
When it comes to caring for trees, the terms “Arborist” and “Tree Surgeon” are often used interchangeably, leading to confusion. However, there are subtle yet significant differences between the two roles.
Role and Focus:
- Arborists focus on understanding trees’ biological and structural aspects, studying why certain actions are necessary for their well-being.
- Tree Surgeons, on the other hand, are skilled in knowing precisely where to make cuts and perform tree-related surgeries, often resembling the practical work of a surgeon.
Skills and Expertise:
- Arborists deeply understand tree biology, diseases, and maintenance techniques like a specialised tree doctor.
- Tree surgeons excel in hands-on tasks, such as pruning, felling, and managing tree health through precise interventions.
Titles and Overlapping Services:
- While the titles are sometimes used interchangeably, it’s crucial to recognise the differences in their expertise and focus.
While arborists and tree surgeons contribute to tree care, arborists delve into the science behind trees. In contrast, tree surgeons specialise in the practical aspects of tree maintenance and surgery. Understanding these distinctions ensures you can choose the right professional person for your tree-related tree care.
At Landpower Machinery in Templecombe, South Somerset, we are one of the biggest Arboist and Trees Surgeon’s Equipment stockists in southwest England, covering Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire.
Visit our showroom at:-
Landpower Machinery, Common Lane, Yenston, Templecombe, Somerset BA8 0NB
Or talk to us on 01963 370 654